1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ports

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frazer, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frazer

frazer Thread Starter

I use to have a quite old PC with a joystick and it use to plug into the back of the tower. But my new Pc doesn't have a socket for it to plug in. Are there any USB adapters around so that i can plug more joystick into the USB port.:confused:

2. FlaFoci

FlaFoci

Have you thought about a USB hub ???

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you sure? You don't have a sound card and/or game port connection on the new one?

What make/model computer did you buy?

4. Hamill

Hamill

There is an adaptor made that allows you to go from gameport to usb. They usually consist of a box you plug your joystick into and then the box has a usb cable that you connect to your pc. The box will ussally require a dc power supply that comes with it. You can search on the web and find them. They are not very common though. You can pick up a usb game pad or joystick for under $40 just about anywhere and would probaly avoid some hassle.
    Hamill

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice