USB Ports

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yankeehawk

Hi..I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and right out of the blue my USB ports [all 4 of them] on my 'puter are not working....I first noticed it when I was trying to get info off one of my thumb drives....I inserted it and the thumb drives light comes on for about 2 or 3 seconds and then goes out and now when I try to print something,I get the USB error on my screen....any ideas....thanx,YH:confused:

ekim68

Mike
Have you gone to the device manager and make sure they're working?

yankeehawk

Hi..It says they are all working properly....and it's not the thumb drive because it works on my other 'puter.....YH

Try this reg fix

Restore USB Service

Save the file to desktop
Double click the file
You will get a message Do you want to merge this file say Yes

Restart your PC after

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online