1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Power Delivery spec upped to 100W, aims to make proprietary power connectors obso

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by TechSocial, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechSocial

TechSocial TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media Thread Starter

The battle between Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 has only recently begun in earnest, what with mobo's finally emerging to give non-Mac computers access to the 10Gbps interface.

More

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Mike Administrator

I love the idea of using USB to charge whatever I want... phone, tablet, and now my notebook computer? Sounds like a great idea to me. They're truly putting the Universal in USB. ;)

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Not sure I can see a battle here. With the price of Thunderbolt and the wide availability of USB, especially when it is backwards compatible with everything I have bought for the last 15 years or so... Thunderbolt will probably be the next Firewire. Popular on Macs and Sony, and everyone else uses the more universal Universal Serial Bus ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1062378