1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB printer connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crsaj, Jul 13, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

How can I determine if my AIO printer is connected and printing via usb cable or wirelessly. My Printer keeps saying low signal for wireless so I connected a usb cable and it does print but I would like to determine if its printing via cable or still wirelessly. Any suggestions are appreciated. Chuck

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The brand name and model name and model number and serial number of your all-in-one printer would be helpful.

If your printer has no USB cable connection between it and your computer, it's set up for wireless printing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

The printer is an HP Envy 4500. I currently have it connected with a USB cable but can't tell whether or not its printing through the cable or wireless connection. The printer keeps saying low wifi signal.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    Disconnect the Usb cable at one end, if it still prints it's using wireless.

5. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

I know it can work wirelessly. What I would like to know is just the opposite. To verify it is printing using USB cable.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I only use HP DeskJet and not HP ENVY wireless printers, so I'm not sure if both models install and set up their driver software in the same way.

You may need to re-run its driver software for a USB cable connection instead of a wireless connection.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Does your model show a wifi antenna? If so turn it off and see if you can print. If so, it is printing thru USB.

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    In Windows right-click the wireless icon near the clock then click on the active connection and disconnect.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice