1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Printer issues

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JW, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JW

JW Thread Starter

I have a canon muti pass that does not always work from my usb port on my 98 se system.It will fax from the computer to the fax but will not always print.sometimes it does not recognize the printer or it says no paper in printer.If i shut it down after it does not recognize the printer the next time I start the system up it says I have print jobs in the Que to print and would i like to print them now.Sometimes it works sometimes it comes back with no printer recognized or no paper etc..... The printer worked fine when i first put it on the system but after a while it started acting up.I need to use the usb because I have hardlocks for software that do not like a printer running thru them.Hence the USB.Any help would be a Good thing. Thanks to all JW

2. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

Welcome to TSG since youre new ill give ya some guidelines.
    When ya post put your OS, and device types first makes it easier for those who find your post later to catch up on your prob. Ok on to the prob try uninstalling your printer then reinstalling. Make sure that you remove the device from device manager. Hopefullythis will help good luck
    :)

3. JW

JW Thread Starter

Will do in the future. I have tried the removal and reinstall but the symptoms come back. Is it possible I have a bad usb card since the system has a pci usb card ?? JW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice