1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB printer sharing OX 10.2.6 trouble

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by mattmill, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattmill

mattmill Thread Starter

We are having a problem sharing a printer correctly with OS 10.2.6. Here is the basic setup:

Computer A:
    G4 Desktop with Epson USB 1270 Printer connected

Computer B:
    G4 Titanium Laptop

Computer C:
    G4 Dual 500

all are networked (ethernet) with roadrunner and that all works fine. Printing from Photoshop is where we have the problem. I could print fine from any of the three computers to the printer from photoshop 7 with no trouble but this week we are having trouble with "Computer C". The other 2 computer are printing fine with no troubles.

I can print but have lost the color management settings and the page settings tabs from the print dialog box. I have also had my list of paper sizes change from about 20 or so down to the basic 8 or 9, for example I have lost SuperA3 or B size papers (two that I use quite frequently). I know that Tabloid is the same as B size but then I cannot choose the "type of paper" like photo glossy, heavyweight matte, etc.

I have tried to reinstall the printer and thought that print center was corrupt so I tried to replace that as well from one of the other computers to no avail. I also dumped the print center preferences and that also didn't work. I tried Print Center Repair and it found nothing wrong. I tried to use CUPS (127.0.0.1:631) and was able to delete the bad printer but then print center just puts it back. I cannot print a test page from CUPS as it says there was a connection error. We are getting very frustrated and hope that someone might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks,
    matt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!