1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Printer uninstalls every time computer is restarted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by micontrols, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. micontrols

micontrols Thread Starter

I have an e-machine T6520 with Windows Media Center for the operating system.
    I installed the HP 5510 drivers and all seems to go fine on installation, however, every time I re-boot the machine, I get the sound wav indicating unplugging a usb device, then the wav indicating plugging back in. The HP software starts back up at 96% and goes through the final steps of installing the printer drivers and all. If It doesn't go through that process again, I have no printer installed.
    Talked to e-machine hoping to find solutions and they merely told me to send it to them and be prepared for my hard drive to be formatted before it's returned.
    Any suggestions?:confused:

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Check the cable to see that it is plugged in tightly and has no visible damage.

3. micontrols

Cables are like new and appears to be no problem there. I've tried two different cables so far. Thanks for your input though

4. bonk

bonk Banned

When you installed the drivers did you have Anti-Virus running?

Have you checked on the Manufactures site for any undated drivers for the printer..

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Also have you tried another USB port.....and if anything else is plugged in to any other USB then unplug it and just have the printer plugged in.

6. micontrols

I am using CA Antivirus software and it was snoozed when the original installation was performed.
    I started the installation with the original disc provided when I bought the printer, but had problems with the install, so as prompted, I downloaded the complete drivers and software version directly from HP, so it's all latest versions.
    Thanks for your input
    Garry

7. micontrols

Ok, lemme try that. I haven't tried to change ports with it at all.

8. micontrols

I tried moving the HP5510 to another USB port and it still does the same thing. I was reading at HP's website that there may be a chipset issue....Has anyone heard of that, and how would I change that. When I look into device manager, I see "Standard USB Host controller" instead of the ones they listed.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice