1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB problem. Help? =o

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AnthonyLordi, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AnthonyLordi

AnthonyLordi Thread Starter

Alright, this problem started happening a few weeks ago.
    -My wireless adapter for my computer is a USB adapter.
    -I use my flash drive often to transfer files between computers.
    -When I unplug my flash drive, my wireless adapter disconnects and I get kicked from the internet (I AM doing the safely eject)
    -All of my other usb devices are fully functional, it's just my wireless adapter.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    -Anthony
    P.S. If you have any further questions, or anything you need to know, ask away! :p

2. maceman

maceman

Hi Anthony,
    Are you absolutely sure that you safely remove your flash drive?
    Sometimes wireless USB adapter can bee seen as external drive.
    I've removed the wrong one few times...

3. unbidden

unbidden

First thing I'd try; chances are you have a 3rd party utility handling your wireless as well as Win 7's native wireless configuration utility. Disable/remove the one you don't use.

4. AnthonyLordi

AnthonyLordi Thread Starter

I am connected through the windows wireless configuration utility, when I installed the drivers for my router, it questioned me and asked if I want to use the router's utility, or if I wanted it to use windows, and I chose the windows one. :/
    Though that is a good point to make it is not my circumstance. Thanks for your post!

Thing is, my wireless adapter does not show up in the safely remove thing. But I do understand what you mean, I always do that on my laptop.
    Thank you for the post though!

5. unbidden

unbidden

?... so have you tried disabling Win Config Utility and going with the router software only?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice