1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kiwinz77, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwinz77

kiwinz77 Thread Starter

I recently bought a new Corsair carbide 100HR tower case and i installed this mother board gigabyte f2a68hm-ds2 my only issue i came across is the inbuilt USB cable in the tower case doesn't fit the pins on the motherboard everything else works fine. Any idea how i can get around this as i have two front USB ports doing nothing at the moment.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Double check the specifications for the case (Did you mean 100R, not 100HR?) and the motherboard. I believe the case's two front panel USB sockets may USB 3.0 (blue inserts) while your motherboard may only have a header for two USB 2.0/1.1 sockets.

Maybe someone else here could tell you if there is a standard part or some kind of connector adapter you can make to allow the front panel USB sockets to behave as USB 2.0 sockets. It would definitely be a non-standard useage of the front panel connectors.

3. kiwinz77

kiwinz77 Thread Starter

Hi yes i meant 100R sorry. Ill check out if i can get some sort of adaptor to fit but im not to worried as im going to build a new pc in a few weeks and the new motherboards will have the right fitting on them. My current motherboard is 4 years old so will see what happens. Thank you for your help to.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice