USB problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nitro237

I have a friend's computer. It has an Asus A7S333 mobo. Since it did not come with USB 2.0 ,she wanted me to put in a 2.0 PCI USB card to transfer files faster. OK, I put one in it, it worked fine for about a week, then blue screen, so she brings it back to me.

I boot it up and just plug an old usb mouse I had laying around in it and it worked fine, I tried a couple of jump drives and it would recognize them and then freeze up before completing. I have to manually reboot to get out of the freeze.

I wiped off the hard drive and same thing with a fresh hard install. The old usb mouse works, the newer 2.0 jump drives freeze it up.

Any ideas?

TIA

bearone2

Banned
years ago, i tried to use usb with w98se and used the same type setup and it wasn't reliable.

the computer you're dealing with is very old and usb may never work properly even though it's running xp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online