1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SILRON, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SILRON

SILRON Thread Starter

hello,i have a dell dimension 4700 pc ,with windows xp.i am trying to use a wireless usb2.0 adapter.however every times a plug the usb device on the usb port i get"usb device not reconized".this pc has 6 usb port on the back and 2 port on the front,the pc info from dell stated that this pc has usb1.1 and 2.0.the only way i can get the device get reconized is if i have another usb device pluged.but pc will not reconized the device if i remove the other usb device.i had used all the usb port with not luck.when i get the "usb device not reconized" message i go to system/device/hardware/universal serial bus controller,and noticed a unknown devise on the usb root hub.i had uninstall and install back the driver but still the same.i guess if i do not find a fix for this i will have to have another usb device plug f to be able to use the wireless adapter..
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice