1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by prospect, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prospect

prospect Thread Starter

I just bought an HP scanjet 3970, and when I plugged in the USB cable, it said that I was trying to connect a high speed USB devise to a slow speed USB connection or something like that.
    It said my PC needed something.
    But it seemes to be working fine.
    I also just installed a Photosmart printer 7350 from HP and it didn't say that. I'm afraid to unplug (usb plug) the scanner because it is working now, to see if it say's it again.
    Any ideas? :confused:

I have an HP pavilion 6630, 500 mhz, 256 ram. running win XP.

Prospect

2. RKramden

RKramden

All that it was telling you is that the ScanJet is a USB2.0 device. Since you have an older machine you are working under the USB1.1 protocol. You won't get the top speed that you scanner is capable of. If you want to, you can go out and buy a card that will give you the 2.0 capability. If you can live with the slower speed, save your $$$

3. prospect

prospect Thread Starter

Oh , ok. I thought I mite have some problems with the scanner.
    Is that card you mentioned a PCI card? If it is, I don't have room for it anyway :D

So I guess I mite be stuck with the slower speed :rolleyes:
    I've been updating all my small stuff, now I'm ready for a new PC.
    But that wont be for a while. :mad:

Thanks Man!

Prospect

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/154067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice