1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB root hub drivers problem need help please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by multisync666, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. multisync666

multisync666 Thread Starter

I have built my pc i thought everything was fine but on checking in device manager i have found a problem with the usb root hub.
    There are 7 entries for the intel family universal host controller that have no problems.
    Below that there are 7 entries for usb root hub these have yellow exclamation marks and on checking properties it sayes driver may be corrupted or missing code 39.
    have tried to update drivers but could not find any
    Never ever having come across this problem before would appreciate some advice please

2. Sponsor

3. sideburnsid

sideburnsid

i had the exact same problem about a month ago when putting my current set-up together, what i did was right-click each entry that was not recognized and uninstall it and then reboot and it did the trick, you might also want to recheck that each color wire is connected to the right pin and finally dont forget to install any supplied drivers

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What usually works best it to uninstall ALL the stuff in USB controllers, including the good ones. Reboot and Windows will put the correct ones back.

5. multisync666

thanks for info will do that asap commitments allowing

6. JohnWill

Let us know if that sorts it out.

7. multisync666

I just uninstalled root hub enteries then reboot all working thanks for your help

8. JohnWill

You're welcome.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen©. :)

9. sideburnsid

sideburnsid

your welcome

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536086