1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB SD Memory Card -- Cannot view or assign drive letter for it

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WaRe, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I have a sandisk and Dazzle SD memory card reader for this PC. Neither of them will show or allow me to assign them drive letters. In windows Management i can see the sevice (i hardware devices too), shows the size of the SD card but when i goto format or assign a drive letter i get i need to enabled the volume by restarting. I have done that many times over and i cannot get it to work.

My main pc reads both readers and memory cards fine so i know they both work. I have also transfered files on them to confirm they work.

Any ideas?

windows pro fully updated
    Kaspersky firewall/anti virus

2. Parkman

Parkman

I would unplug the USB header from your card reader to your MB, then go into device manager and uninstall all the USB controllers and reboot. After Windows has reloaded the USB drivers I would shut down, replug the header into the Mother board then reboot and see if it can identify it that way?

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Nope. Tried it for both devices. A few months ago i had found a link that showed me how to change something in my registry that would allow it to reset and force it too show. Cant find it for the life of me though.

4. Parkman

Parkman

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!