1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB- serial controller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jamsheed, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamsheed

jamsheed Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I am tring to install a USB serial cable to enable me to use com port devicse since my laptop doesnt have Com port device.
    I have the serial cable and any time i try to install it it asks for a soft ware to be installed, but i dont have the software.
    Can any body help me out to solve this problem plz?
    This is the spcification what i get from device managar+USB controll+Details

USB\VID_067B&PID_2303\5&5D02DB7&0&1

I will be looking for a quick replay
    Regards

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

USB to RS232 adapters require drivers, but the info you have given does not allow identification of the make or model. Nor do we know what windows version you need the drivers for.

Such adapters always come with drivers, or at least the documentation gives a location to download them.

What are the circumstances that mean you have no driver CD?

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

4. cmw2010

cmw2010

You don't mention what serial devices you are planning to to use, some will only work with a specialty serial to usb adaptor available only from the manufacturer of the device.

5. dinesh2002

dinesh2002

hi guys, after reformating my computer, i cant use the USB facility anymore, when i check under the Hardware,Device Manager, USB SERIAL CONTROLLER, they said its not installed propaly, and i dont have the CD or any floppy disc, can any of u guys help me? .... here is my USB device ID :

USB\VID_067B&PID_2303\5&1C5E86F8&0&1

do help me... thanks...

6. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

7. dinesh2002

dinesh2002

thank u very much,Frank. its working now. :)

thanks allot yea... this forum is great!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547010