1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved USB slot not letting insertions in, backside of PC.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by questiondude, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. questiondude

questiondude Thread Starter

solved :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That's part of the rear I/O plate and is not lined up for the motherboard, that tab is support to outside of the UBS but right now it inside and possibly even causing it to shirt out. The proper way to fix it is to remove the motherboard and then install it so that the tab is not inside the port but on its outside where it's suppose to be.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There's also a chance you can just push on the panel from the inside of the case enough so that the tab pops out of the slot and then it can be bent back into place.

4. questiondude

Oh I see the first proper method you said seems like it'll require taking everything out including the graphics card to readjust the motherboard. so like a fresh install.
    Not sure if I'm willing to do that just might live with it lol
    ill try the second way you said and see if it'll work though doesn't seem like a lot of room too
    Thank you for your reply though much appreciated :]

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Not really a fresh install, you are just fixing the motherboard placement. It won't affect your software. I'd be worried that a short cut damage your motherboard.

6. questiondude

Yeah good point by that I just mean't have to take everything out to adjust the motherboard, by adjust you mean I would have too unscrew it right, like I can't wiggle it to perfection right haha
    ill plan to do it soon :)

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well you might be able to push into its right place by trying what I posted above in my second post.

questiondude likes this.
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice