USB Speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mike M

hi i have a portable hard drive and when i plug it in it tells me to plug it into a hi speed usb hub. It also asks me to add a High Speed USB host Controller to obtain more speed, how would i do that?

More than likely your system only has USB 1.1 ports, but the external hard drive needs USB 2.0 to work properly. You can get a USB 2.0 card for your PC at many computer/electronics stores. Most will be PCI cards that you will need to install.

Mike M

my usb on the computer is 1.1 i have bought a usb 2.0 external hub but i dont think thtat change anythign when i plug the external 2.0 one into my usb 1.1 slot and a usb 2.0 external hard drive into the hub, or should that work?

You need something like these . . . you can get them at any of the Best Buy . . CC or CompUSA stores

Mike M

oh ok that is alot cheaper than the computer stores around my area, i might purchase one from that website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online