1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Storage Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KinesPSU, Jan 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. KinesPSU

KinesPSU Thread Starter

Until this problem started this week, I've not had problems accessing data from my USB thumb drive through the 4 USB ports on the front of my computer.

Now, when I plug a device in, I hear the indicator that i've plugged something new in I can see the devide in the Devices and Printers window but it isn't fully recognized... says troubleshooting is needed, though when i run the trouble shooter, nothing happens. This has happened with 3 different thumb drives and a usb cd burner.

When I go to access drives on the computer, I am unable to see the usb thumb drive.

To date, i have uninstalled the usb drivers and restarted and that didn't work.

If I try to restart with ANY usb drive in the front 4 ports, I get a blue error screen saying there is an unknown boot device, so I end up having to restore to my last restore point.

Any help would be much appreciated!!! THANK YOU in advance!

SYSINFO:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A4-5300B APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7374 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7480D, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (402 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1850
    Antivirus: PC Matic Super Shield, Enabled and Updated

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) of that HP?

Did that problem occur before or after you installed PC Matic?

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. KinesPSU

KinesPSU Thread Starter

Happened AFTER installing PC Matic, but i installed PC Matic a long time ago and things have been fine until this last week and didn't make any changed with PC Matic.

Serial Number 2UA4351H4W
    Model: HP Compaq Pro 6305 SFF
    Product ID: 00330-71252-797660AAOEM

Thanks!

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I suspected you have a HP Compaq Pro 6305 Small Form Factor PC which came with Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, but I wasn't sure.
    The serial number you submitted is "not found", so you may have submitted it incorrectly.
    Windows 10 has issues in some computers that have a third-party antivirus app and don't use its built-in Windows Defender Antivirus app, so that may be part of the problem.
    We also don't know how well you maintain that computer and what's installed and running in it, so that may also be part of the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. KinesPSU

KinesPSU Thread Starter

S/N: 2UA4351H4W

Minimal running on computer aside from office, chrome. Maintenance always up to date.

7. KinesPSU

KinesPSU Thread Starter

Product #: D1Y98US#ABA

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Type winver in the search box, then press the Enter key.
    When the small window appears, advise what "Version" and "OS Build" numbers are listed there.

---------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202798