1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb to hdmi converter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roudy-s, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

hello guys,
    my problem is that i bought a USB to HDMI converter when i plug it in my PC and the HDMI in the port of the TV nothing happens so installed the software that come in the box it is see2 extreme it installed the driver and the application i see in my device manager under display their is my integrated Intel chipset family and the new driver M Trigger extension so i plug it now and it worked.

now to the problem i have played a movie to watch it on my TV and there is no movie only the sound come up with the first frame of the movie and the sound continue without video i mean that no video is shown i tried another one and the same problem is displayed with sound without video, i started my smartdvb app to see if it is working and nothing is displayed it shows error connection to monitor config9 so i unplugged the USB to HDMI converter to see if the video will play on my PC to see that it is not no video is playing and no video in smartdvb too so i uninstalled the driver and program of the converter and the problem is still there.

my problem is am i doing something wrong so that the video is not played on my TV when i plug the converter? and for the problem on my PC video not playing i have formatted my PC and install a new copy of windows and everything worked like before but i didn't plug the converter then because i am afraid the same problem will happen and i will be obliged to format my PC again so please help me in fixing this problem and thank you in advance.

NB: i have installed k-lite mega codecs and all the codecs needed to make sure that everything will work before format and it didn't help neither the remove of the driver or the installation of the codecs so i went to the last option and formatted my pc.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Is there a possibility you can edit this and put some paragraphs in the post - it is extremely hard to read.

3. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

ok done it

4. Macboatmaster

Cheers
    Please provide a link for the
    also please what OS on the computer

5. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

it is windows 10 64 bit

6. Macboatmaster

Please read my post 4

I cannot find the product

7. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

what product i wanna know if i have to do something more than this i listed all my pc specs and the product is a traffic usb to hdmi converter

8. Macboatmaster

With respect I think we have a communication problem
    You say in your opening post
    then you continue to say you installed the software that came with the product - it is see2 extreme.

I have asked if you could provide a link - weblink for the product you have purchased - as I cannot identify it.
    but when you reply you then quote part of my post
    but miss out on that quote this
    Is it clear to you now please. I cannot identify the product you have bought. Therefore I can pass no opinion as to if the product itself may be the cause of the problem.

THIS is not what you have bought but what I need is the link that this for the one you have purchased
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815275002

If you cannot understand the above sufficiently for you to post what I am asking for, then I regret I do not think I can help further.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

this is the product that i bought
    http://www.macrotronics.net/product...-7487?osCsid=3baba5563031f53e8369edc8edde486d
    and this is the driver http://www.eclipsetouch.de/uv250.htm

10. Macboatmaster

As far as I can ascertain the driver is for a USB to DVI adapter
    I can find no reference on the driver to it being for Windows 10
    AND
    The product you have bought is again as far as I can see NOT of course DVI but HDMI
    I consider it very unlikely the driver will work

Turning to the product and the link you provided I can find no information on the site for the product, no FAQ`s on the product and indeed IMHO the site provides too little information. However that is only my opinion I provide this link for you to compare the information provided regarding these products.

I do of course appreciate that you may not have such purchase options in your locale
    https://www.startech.com/uk/AV/USB-Video-Adapters/slim-usb-3-hdmi-adapter~USB32HDES

you can I am sure see the amount of detail provided.

I can only suggest you return it for a refund if the option is available AND if the connection of the product results in a need to reinstall windows I would strongly advise against its use.

Good luck with it.
    I do not feel I can offer further help as to do so would of course mean asking you to connect to your computer and that is NOT a course of action I would want to take.

11. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

i wanna say that it is usb to hdmi not dvi to hdmi converter and thank you sir

12. Macboatmaster

I KNOW
    the product is USB - HDMI
    HOWEVER the driver you linked to on your post is USB - DVI

as I said
    Good luck with it

13. roudy-s

roudy-s Thread Starter

thank you for your help wanna ask you is there any software that i can install to enable usb to hdmi? and i wanna ask one question i have an hdmi wireless display with miracast but i can't seem to make my pc discover it is this because i don't have miracast on my pc and this wireless display has a switch for dlna compatibility what is the best player that support dlna system and it is an intel wireless display adapter and thank you

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice