1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB to RS232 Serial 9Pin DB9 Cable Adapter Driver

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lschul, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I b ought one of these adapters off eBay so I could connect my GPS to my computer via USB, my old cable was the serial port. Anyhow, the seller told me it would work with Vista but she did not tell me it wouldn't work with Vista Premium. When I connect the device it tries to find the drivers but is unable to do so...does anyone know where I can get the right driver? The CD that came with the cable is worthless. Thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Drivers are usually specific to the device, depending on what chip was used in the manufacturing.
    If it works with one version of Vista it will work for all.

Ask for a refund and buy one from a reputable company.

http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cable_details.cfm?sku=USBG-4&cats=199&catid=199,461,106,1009,601
    FYI, not all adapters are compatible with all devices, especially GPS devices

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

yah, she says it works for Vista basic but not premium...I only paid $2

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Me thinks that is a lie.

That type of adapter is not platform specific. I call BS on this one.

5. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Yah me too, when the computer wouldn't find it I thought something was fishy. I paid $2 for it and have asked for a refund...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice