Usb to Serial (RS232) - Driver problems!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zaki1990

I have purchased a usb to serial adapter but the drivers are not functional.

Every time I plug the cable inside my computer i get a USB device not recognized message. Under device management > Universal Serial Bus controllers > Unknown Device.

The drivers that i have is called "PL-2303 Driver Installer". Even after installing this driver, I still have no luck. I know it is possible to update the driver but the driver format would have to be in a .INF file. In this case the driver is a .exe file so i have no idea what to do.

Any help would be really greatly appreciated also the drivers are available @ http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

If the device is functional and installed, it should be under the COM ports in device manager but like i said before it is not and is listed as "Unknown Device".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online