1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Usb to Serial (RS232) - Driver problems!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zaki1990, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaki1990

zaki1990 Thread Starter

I have purchased a usb to serial adapter but the drivers are not functional.

Every time I plug the cable inside my computer i get a USB device not recognized message. Under device management > Universal Serial Bus controllers > Unknown Device.

The drivers that i have is called "PL-2303 Driver Installer". Even after installing this driver, I still have no luck. I know it is possible to update the driver but the driver format would have to be in a .INF file. In this case the driver is a .exe file so i have no idea what to do.

Any help would be really greatly appreciated also the drivers are available @ http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31

If the device is functional and installed, it should be under the COM ports in device manager but like i said before it is not and is listed as "Unknown Device".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice