USB to VGA connection to second monitor Acer Aspire C24-760

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raveeno2005

Hi, I have an all-in-one Acer Aspire C24-760 computer. I also have a dell monitor which I want to connect to my pc and use it as a second screen simultaneously. The connection between the monitor is as below:

- One end of VGA cable connected to VGA port on monitor
-Other end of VGA cable connected to a VGA to USB 3.0 Adapter (adapter driver installed on PC aleady)
- USB end of adapted connected to USB port all-in-one PC (The PC only has USB ports, not hdm ect..)

Currently there is a "no signal" messege on the monitor and no connection between the PC and the monitor.

I have tested the monitor and VGA cable and both work fine. I think the problem is either the VGA to USB 3.0 adaptor or my PC (or maybe both)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

Did you get any kind of printed instructions or read-me file with your VGA USB adapter? You may need to go into a Windows Control Panel App to enable and configure the use of the second monitor.

If this is not enough information for you to resolve the problem, please tell us the manufacture's name and the full model number of the adapter. If purchased online, please provide a link to the specific product page. Also, please let us know what version of Windows is running on the computer.

Couriant

James
Did you check the display settings to see if it sees the monitor? You may need to activate it by selecting Extend option. You can also try Windows key + P to get that that option.

Note: it may be only 800x600 as it seems another user has the same question on Acers site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts