USB TV Tuner Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JTHuffy

Hi, I just got a cheap usb tv card (Geniatech UTV3), and it works just fine for all I want it for, but I have problems getting audio when recording. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite M45-S351. I plugged the audio in into the microphone port (since there is no line-in). When setting something to record, it doesn't record sound. I know I'm supposed to go into my volume control and make sure the record device selected is the microphone. I do that and double check after closing it to make sure its still selected. BUT, when it starts auto-recording, apparently it automatically switches back to the line-in for recording device. I tried unchecking that option under options, but it still did it. Does anyone know why it does this...or even what I'm trying to explain (I probably didn't do a very good job of that). Thanks a lot.

JTHuffy

Oh, I use XP Pro. It does record with sound as long as I leave both the WinTV program AND the volume control window with the microphone option checked under record volume. But if I close the WinTV program and let it automatically pop up when the scheduled recording comes on, the record volume check for some reason switches from microphone to line-in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online