1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB type C cables all the same?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ep-p-two, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ep-p-two

ep-p-two Thread Starter

I want to buy a gift -- some USB type C charging cables for charging a tablet, which I know takes Type C . Everything I have seen on line is advertised for a specific list of products and obviously, I don't want to ask for the make & model. I was under the impression that type C was to do away with any uncertainty. Can I go wrong -- is there really any difference between the type C cables produced by different manufacturers?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You might want to read this.
    https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-c-cables/

I don't own any USB C devices. My tablets and phone use microUSB to USB charging cables and I notice no difference in brands with those cables. (I own about 7 different ones. The ones that came with my Samsung devices were so short that I bought longer ones so the devices could sit comfortably on a table when I used the wall wart to charge.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice