1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB ver 1.1 upgrade to 2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by I'mCanadian, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'mCanadian

I'mCanadian Thread Starter

I wonder about the upgrade of USB ver. 1.1 to ver 2.0 by file download or have to buy the USB adapter card with ver. 2.0. My computer specs. is below:

Pentium 3 Intel 800 Mhz
    Windows XP SP-2 operating system
    PC 133 512MB memory ram
    80GB Hard drive (master)
    20GB (slave)
    Onboard Sound
    CDRW
    CDRom

All I know that I have one port for USB at the bottom front of my CPU case. So that is why I am asking to see if I have to buy a better USB 2.0 adapter or can download the upgrade file for version 2.0. Any advice would be appreciated about this.

Thankyou

John P. Mackay

2. microcacti

microcacti

If it is inbuilt into the motherboard and is new you probobly have it allready but it is a hardware update, worth it, and windows SP1 i know has the drivers for most USB2. PCI Cards are usally preaty cheap to get.

Sean

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

USB 2.0 is new hardware, not just software. If you currently only have USB 1.1, you need to purchase a USB 2.0 PCI card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice