Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

usb web cam problem

3K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  stanggt2 
#1 ·
Hello, First of all, I think this site is the best. I bought a Phillips web cam a while back and have never been able to use it. I installed the drivers and hooked it up but can't see any video. In device manager everything shows up fine with no conflicts. But when I try and use the cam it sometimes says the cam is in use by another program. I have no other program. Here is a list of my IRQ's. I'm totally lost. The only conflict I have is an exclamation point in device manager for a PCI mass storage controller for no drivers installed. What is this MSC?????

0 System timer
1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
2 Programmable interrupt controller
3 VIA VT83C572/VT82C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
3 VIA VT83C572/VT82C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
3 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
4 (free)
5 PCI OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
5 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
8 System CMOS/real time clock
9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
10 SMC EZ Card 10/100 PCI (SMC1211 Series)
10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
11 NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
11 Creative SB Live! Value
11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
12 (free)
13 Numeric data processor
14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

Oh yeah, I had another web cam before and it worked fine until I changed video cards (PCI to AGP) and formatted my HD. Also my wife is about to kill me...........

See less See more
#3 ·
WOW, what a pain in the butt. I downloaded and installed the newest 4 in 1 and it didn't solve anything. I had to reboot about 3 times until it took right. As for my video and sound card. I haven't had any problems with them on the same IRQ. FUNNY!! Should I move one anyway? Cam still won't work.

#4 ·
If your not having trouble leave well enough alone.

Sorry no clue on the web cam except to use control alt delete and shutdown everything running in the background and see if it works. Then you could possibly narrow down the program that is interferring with it.

#6 ·
I have several other things running via USB with no problems. I have even tried to use a logitech web cam and it does the same thing. When I install the drivers they install fine but when I go to use it, it either says no cam found or it's in use by another application. I have tried to shutdown all other programs and it still won't work.

#7 ·
Check this:

Start button, select Settings, Control Panel, and double-click the Multimedia icon. Go to the Devices tab and check to see how many devices are listed under the Video Capture Devices section. If there is more than one, highlight the device you want to disable, click Properties, and in the Devices Properties window, select Do Not Use This Video Capture Device. Click Apply, reboot, and test the camera.

#10 ·
I installed it again but still don't work. After it installs, it says the cam is working fine but when you open the phillips software to actually use it ir any other program for that matter, it won't work and give me the already in use by another program error

#12 ·
I just now got the program loaded back in. The web cam shows up in the device manager under imaging but don't show up in multimedia/devices/video capture devices. Just the WDM capture.
It seems like the web cam loses power after it initially installs the drivers, because it is supposed to send you to a set up screen after the drivers are installed, but it has never done that. It just asks for you to unplug the cam then plug it back in and reinstalls drivers. The light on the cam is on when the drivers are installed but it goes out right after that. It never comes back on again. Even after reboot. Nothing. When I open up the Phillips program, it says the cam is working but no video will show. I'm totally lost.

#14 ·
There are no exclamation marks anywhere except for my PCI Mass storage controller. I d/l the 4in1 drivers and it didn't help. The driver provider for the cam is Philips CE-CSI....File version 1.03.......It has a big list of drivers such as C:\windows\system32\drivers\camdrv20.sys...........There are about 22 different lines in the driver file details tab.

#15 ·
I have a similar problem. My Intel does the same thing. Says
"cannot connect to video capture device, it's in use with another program"---even though no other programs are running. Also not listed in "Multimedia" in control panel-no matter how many times installed and uninstalled. I had a logitech before this one and had same prob, so I thought it was the camera. Obviously it must be a software conflict issue or something. Anyone else have any suggestions.
WE NEED HELP!!!!!

#17 ·
I have installed the drivers sveral times and it seems to never fully install. I have updated about all the Mobo drivers video card drivers and you name it. I have about given up on this.My cam shows up in system device manager but not in the multimedia tab. Any ideas??????

#18 ·
Does the program you're trying to use with the camera have settings to choose the video source?

Also, what do you have running at startup?

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and press ok...go to software, startup, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

#19 ·
:cool: This is a longshot but here goes anyway. How many USB ports do you have? Reason being is that a while back I worked on a machine that had three USB ports..... two on the back and one on the front. What I eventually found was that the port on the front would, by default, become disabled if one of the ports (I forget which one) on the rear was in use. In other words, one port on the rear was being shared with the port on the front. When the owner finally brought me the mobo manual, it confirmed what I had found. Like I said.......longshot.

Good luck.

KW1

#25 ·
Here is my start up list. Huge isn't it?

CompuServe 2000 Tray Icon Startup Group "C:\CompuServe 2000\cstray.exe" -check
NkVwMon.exe Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Nikon\NkView4\NkVwMon.exe"
Kodak Picture Easy 3.1 Batch Transfer Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Kodak\Picture Easy Software\Program\PezDownload.exe"
Loadout Manager Startup Group "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer\{B6ED3E86-5261-469D-B634-153B99817DE0}\Icon6E65F0135.exe"
Corel Family and Friends Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Corel\Print House Magic\cffrem.exe"
ATI Launchpad Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ATI MULTIMEDIA\MAIN\LAUNCHPD.EXE"
WEBCAMRT.EXE Registry (Per-User Run)
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
HPDJ Taskbar Utility Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb01.exe
DXM6Patch_981116 Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
HPSCANMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpsjvxd.exe
StillImageMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
zBrowser Launcher Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
EM_EXEC Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
LVComs Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
NAV Agent Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE
iamapp Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\IAMAPP.EXE
AtiCwd32 Registry (Machine Run) Aticwd32.exe
AtiQiPcl Registry (Machine Run) AtiQiPcl.exe
ATIGART Registry (Machine Run) c:\ati\gart\atigart.exe
AtiPTA Registry (Machine Run) Atiptaaa.exe
Disc Detector Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\CtNotify.exe
AudioHQ Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\AudioHQ\AHQTB.EXE
MMTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
Creative Launcher Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\CREATIVE\LAUNCHER\CTLAUNCHER.EXE
RealTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
System-Tray Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\KAZAA\MY SHARED FOLDER\KILL POKEMON (1).EXE
PE2CKFNT SE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 2 SE\ChkFont.exe
webHancer Agent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whAgent.exe"
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
ATIPOLAB Registry (Machine Service) ati2evxx.exe
ScriptBlocking Registry (Machine Service) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
CSINJECT.EXE Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRA~1\QUARTE~1\CLEANS~1\CSINJECT.EXE
nisserv Registry (Machine Service) C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISSERV.EXE

#26 ·
Holy commando! You've got to get rid of most of that stuff.....my first guess is that your ATI program is the problem.....but just for fun, uncheck everything except for:

SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
The load power profiles
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

Restart the computer and try the camera again.

BTW, don't open any emails in the meantime, since we'll be disabling your virus program as well....we just want to see if the minimums will allow the camera to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.