1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB wifi adapter drivers issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by winpc, Jun 4, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

I got some 802.1 1N Texet brand adapters (wa3070) and I couldn't get them working properly on x64 Windows 7 PCs. On each boot, the adapter couldn't connect to the router with a lot of faff creating a new connection.

I also installed one on a x64 Linux PC and using the distro's own drivers, was able to work straight away without and problems. Linux identified the adapter chip as MT7601U.

I resolved the problem with the W7 PCs by uninstalling the drives and installing those off a disc that was supplied with a LB-Link brand adapter BL-WN151. The adapters worked straight away with out issue.

Wrong disc packed with the adapter at the factory it seems!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Being identified as a MT7601U chip by Linux, I had a look on the Mediatek website but there only a Linux driver for the that chip.

The nearest for Windows is MT7601 so I'll experiment.

Peculiar that the disc supplied with the Texet adapter doesn't have the right drivers. Tried on W7, both 32bit and 64bit. Same issue on both.

LB-Link disc drivers are doing a grand job though.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  5. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Of the drivers I've tried from Mediatek, all work but the one of the LB-Link also does the job so will continue with that one.

Thanks for posting!

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice