1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB Wireless Hubs Cell Building my own?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gypsyphoenix, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gypsyphoenix

Gypsyphoenix Thread Starter

Dont laugh...
    Iam trying to connect my Galaxy Note 8 cell phone downloaded with windows 7, dont use it for anything else to a logitech K360 via the usb connector through my charger port on cell phone. How can i integrate a monitor and a mouse into this mess? Wireless?USB? Cables needed?, port hub needed? Is this even possible? Please help and could ya please dummy down the language input for me. Im looking at monitors now and not sure what all the jargon means...

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    otg (on the go) micro to USB cable allows me to attach a powered USB hub to my android tablets. Since you have Win 7, I'm not sure that would work.

I attach an otg cable to the charging port. Then I attached a powered USB hub to the USB port.
    otg.jpg
    I am able to attach a keyboard, mouse, USB stick, USB sd card reader and portable hard drive. My current powered USB hubs are only 4 port ones so I'm limited.

The monitor would be the problem.
    If you have a Windows 10 PC and the phone was still running android. you could cast the phone screen to the PC screen.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/269093/how-to-cast-your-windows-or-android-display-to-a-windows-10-pc/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!