1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB woes - mouse & keyboard stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Addz, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addz

Addz Thread Starter

In desperate need of some help for my Dell PC running windows XP. I recently decided to update my game controller so went into control panel to remove my old Saitek Cyborg rumble pad. It proceeded to remove all the drivers but came up with an error at 99% and windows froze (sorry, cant remember what the error message said). I tried removing the pad from the USB port but due to the mass of jumbled cables i pulled the mouse out 1st (possibly the root of my problem). Anyhow, after plugging them all back in windows was still frozen so I had to hard reset. After booting up again the mouse and keyboard would not work. Windows proceeded to find new hardware for Dell USB mouse/keyboard etc but after each one it also finds new 'USB Human Interface Device' and an 'add new hardware wizard' opens up for the USB HID. I cant get beyond this point as the mouse/keyboard are still inactive so im unable to make any selections. Without use of a mouse im completely at a loss what to do? Im able to get into BIOS setup and make selections with the keyboard but once windows loads up the mouse and keyboard stop working and the install new hardware wizard opens up for a USB Human Interface device.

Seems like ive knocked out the USB drivers?? Heeelp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice