1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usb WON'T DETECT ANY ITEMS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ally10, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ally10

Ally10 Thread Starter

I have the two USB ports they are enabled in the bios, and they show up in the Device manager and they are working properly with no conflictions and yellow exclamation points......I can't install any usb items on them, when I put in the driver for various items and reboot nothing shows up.......what am i doing wrong...I am usuing a CUSL2-C Motherboard and I downloaded and installed the controllers from Asus.....All it says it the name of the controllers and their is two of them then they have two USB hubs listed.....I am using Windows 2000 pro........any help would be appreciated......Thanks in Advance

Ally

2. winbob

winbob

Ally,

Is this a PC that you built yourself? Or at least one that you are confident about prowling around inside the case??

Are these 2 ports directly attached to the MOBO, or are the cabled to the MOBO and plugged into on the board connectors. If #2, check if they are plugged in at all, and/or are they plugged into the correct Jacks?

Just as a matter of curiosity what devices are you trying to plug in and run with these USB Jacks? Do you get any 'beeps' when the device is plugged in...a recognition beep.

3. Ally10

Ally10 Thread Starter

No, No beeps.....trying to install a Digital camera, tried a couple of other things also...doesn't detect any of them....The USB ports are built directly on the motherboard...We took the case apart to look and they are just part of the MOBO, seemed OK.......key word is seemed....We usually build computers ourselves but did a trade with a local Computer store.....Can't go back and ask him because he is mad at me because I just bought myself a new computer and I didn't buy it from him.....

4. winbob

winbob

Ally,

If this guy is mad at you because he doesn't have a monopoly on your business, ask him how he can expect to EARN your loyality with lack of quality service, and a bad attitude.

I'd take the PC back with the camera or whatever other simple device didn't work and ask him to show me how to make it work. If you're going to let this guy intimidate you, then I would suggest you do all you business online so you do not have to confront anyone directly.

Life is about dealing with people. Look for a Win/Win solution to present to him. Like, 'if you treat me decently, I'll continue to do business with you in the future.'

If he blows you off, make sure he knows that you will file a complaint with the BBB, and tell everyone you know how he screwed you over. :^)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice