Usb2 Error!?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whoops

Hi All.... i have a Epson RX500 printer and i keep getting a pop up box telling me this device will perform faster if i connect it to one of the available usb2 ports but it IS already... it says click here to see all available ports which it shows as all being empty even though other devices are plugged into them :confused: ....Thanks for any help!

Whoops

Hi John...everything seems to work fine.even the printer,just keep getting this pop up every time i use the printer...emailed Epson and they said its a microsoft fault...maybe the printer should be working faster but how would i know?...only have a mouse and a modem connected in the other ports but it says all 8 are vacant when there are only 5...puzzler ay!....Thanks!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
What do you see in Device Manager under USB Controllers?

Whoops

Hi John...there is 5 listings that says USB Root Hub...4 Intel(r)82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658,2659,264A,265B and 1 Intel(r)82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C...Thats 10 in all...no yellow triangles!?!.
I think its an Epson fault as i never get a pop up with any thing else i connect such as modem, mouse, joystick, digital camera or video etc...i downloaded latest drivers from epson... no good!...Thanks for your time mate!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online