1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Usb2 Error!?!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Whoops, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

Hi All.... i have a Epson RX500 printer and i keep getting a pop up box telling me this device will perform faster if i connect it to one of the available usb2 ports but it IS already... it says click here to see all available ports which it shows as all being empty even though other devices are plugged into them :confused: ....Thanks for any help!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Do the USB 2.0 ports work properly with other devices?

3. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

Hi John...everything seems to work fine.even the printer,just keep getting this pop up every time i use the printer...emailed Epson and they said its a microsoft fault...maybe the printer should be working faster but how would i know?...only have a mouse and a modem connected in the other ports but it says all 8 are vacant when there are only 5...puzzler ay!....Thanks!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What do you see in Device Manager under USB Controllers?

5. Whoops

Whoops Thread Starter

Hi John...there is 5 listings that says USB Root Hub...4 Intel(r)82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658,2659,264A,265B and 1 Intel(r)82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C...Thats 10 in all...no yellow triangles!?!.
    I think its an Epson fault as i never get a pop up with any thing else i connect such as modem, mouse, joystick, digital camera or video etc...i downloaded latest drivers from epson... no good!...Thanks for your time mate!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice