1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

USB3.0 to HDMI display adapter for 2nd monitor not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tevuh, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tevuh

Tevuh Thread Starter

I recently bought a USB3.0 to HDMI display adapter, I'm on windows 10 and when I try to plug in my second monitor at native resolution, 1920x1080, the 2nd monitor is flickering and I can only see about an inch of the screen at the top. I've tried installing new drivers but that isn't fixing the problem. I am able to use my 2nd display at much lower resolutions but it doesn't look good.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Brand and model of the adapter?

Have you tested another monitor on the adapter? If so, and neither monitor is working, it could be a faulty adapter.

3. Tevuh

Tevuh Thread Starter

Brand: Hamkot
    Model: HE009

I have not tested another monitor, I don’t have a 3rd monitor. I could try moving the pc closer to my tv and check to see if that works tonight.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

It says in the users manual that a USB 2 port will only run 800X600:
    https://www.hamkot.net/files/User-Guide-HE009.pdf
    Did you know there are four different versions of HDMI and only the last two will run 1920X1080, especially at 60 Hz. Even a lower spec cable will knock out 1080P.

5. Tevuh

Tevuh Thread Starter

Yep I understand that a USB 2 port will run at lower resolution, I’m trying to run it through a USB 3.0 port though, and I’ve tested 3 different HDMI cables, one of them being brand new, the other two I usually use for Xbox at 1920x1080 resolution.

6. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

On that monitor?
    And, what happens if you, at least to test, set the display to 800X600?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice