usbaudio.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dogly

hi. i have a hp minibook with xp sp3. i need a step by step for the following:

On the XP SP2 disk you would have to look for

usbaudio.sy_

And that file would have to be copied using the following command:

expand [driveletter]:\I386\usbaudio.sy_ c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys ( i do not know what to do with this)

i downloaded the usbaudio.sys file but i can't do nothing with it.

i have a behringer uca200 sound card and xp sees an unknown device. but vista sees it.

help please. :confused:

Where'd you DL it from? It should normally be found in the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder.

On the XP SP2 disk you would have to look for usbaudio.sy_
It's located in the I386 folder located on the windows xp cd.

Make sure you're WINXP cd in inserted

Now use the following command:

Click Start > Run> Type: cmd

When the cmd window appears type these commands:

expand d:\I386\usbaudio.sy_ c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys

Dogly

thanks. where do i put the file you have posted. please detailed step by step. i need the xp installing disk?

I only provided you the file just in-case you didn't have the installation cd but using the xp installation disk and using the command prompts I listed would be the best way to copy the file from the cd. It's a better approach and more efficient approach.

thanks. where do i put the file you have posted. please detailed step by step. i need the xp installing disk?
Yes insert the windows XP disk.
Next: Click Start > Run> Type: cmd (hit enter or click OK)

When the cmd window appears type this command:

expand d:\I386\usbaudio.sy_ c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys

Dogly

it says cant open input file. i also tried copying the file to the driver folder and still doesn't work. the sys file thumbnail pic it shows, it is like the ones windows shw when it doesnt recognice the file format.

by the way Victoria thanks for your time.

If you're opening the I386 folder browing the XP disk and looking for the file after you copy it to the drivers folder you have to rename the file ".sys" Just remove the "_" and add an "s" Which would change the file format to a .sys file. ;)

Hope this helps..

Can you run a search and make sure you deleted the file you downloaded for me while I look for another solution?

Not the windows file the one you downloaded. Retrieving the file from the xp cd and copying it to the system32/drivers folder via command prompt should fix this issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online