Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

usbehci.sys needed

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hello, I have installed on my Dell Latitude D610 Windows XP Pro. When I try to install a driver to try to get connected to my router and get on to the internet, I get this "the file'usbehci.sys' is needed". How do I get this file downloaded? Then I need to put the file download on to a jump drive to get the file to the Dell D610 to be downloaded. Is there any procedure for downloading it to the Dell D610? Thank you for any help, silver1976

#4 ·
What's the exact 7-character "service tag/serial" number on your Dell Latitude D610 laptop?
Is this a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro that's installed in your laptop, and does it contain Service Pack 3?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Service tag#41H6X81. I did not install the windows XP service pack 3, just the 1st. Version of XP PRO. Thank you.

#5 ·
Service tag#41H6X81
You have THIS Dell Latitude D610 laptop which originally came with Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
It's more than 10 years old, so Dell has removed much of the information from its support site.
What's the exact Windows version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?
I did not install the windows XP service pack 3, just the 1st. Version of XP PRO. Thank you.
You appear to have installed Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1.
Without the 316 MB-size Service Pack 3 upgrade installed, certain devices and certain apps will not install or work.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.