1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usbehci.sys needed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by silver1976, Jan 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. silver1976

silver1976 Thread Starter

Hello, I have installed on my Dell Latitude D610 Windows XP Pro. When I try to install a driver to try to get connected to my router and get on to the internet, I get this "the file'usbehci.sys' is needed". How do I get this file downloaded? Then I need to put the file download on to a jump drive to get the file to the Dell D610 to be downloaded. Is there any procedure for downloading it to the Dell D610? Thank you for any help, silver1976

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact 7-character "service tag/serial" number on your Dell Latitude D610 laptop?
    Is this a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro that's installed in your laptop, and does it contain Service Pack 3?

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. silver1976

Service tag#41H6X81. I did not install the windows XP service pack 3, just the 1st. Version of XP PRO. Thank you.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You have THIS Dell Latitude D610 laptop which originally came with Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
    It's more than 10 years old, so Dell has removed much of the information from its support site.
    What's the exact Windows version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?
    You appear to have installed Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1.
    Without the 316 MB-size Service Pack 3 upgrade installed, certain devices and certain apps will not install or work.

--------------------------------------------------------------

plodr likes this.
  6. silver1976

Thank you flavalle. So if I install Windows XP PRO service pack 3 version, issues may be corrected that I am having? Thank you

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I can't confirm for sure if Service Pack 3 will solve your issues, but Windows XP needs it anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. silver1976

Ok, Ty. I will try it. Ty.

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome, and good luck. (y)

---------------------------------------------------------------

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice