1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

usbehci.sys Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theladydean, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theladydean

theladydean Thread Starter

I had to do a repair to windows xp, to fix some problems, all went OK, except that i am missing a usbehci.sys file. I was show where to download this file, and I did on driver.com. Now I don't know how to install it. I need specific instructions.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

You shouldn't have to download this file, its part of Windows XP.

If for some reason the file is missing or corrupt then run System File Checker. Go to Start, Run, type "SFC /SCANNOW" without the quotes and you should see SFC run through, it should also ask you for the Windows CD if it needs to replace any files.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to provide us with more information as to what it happening.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!