Usbs on new Pc build wont work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shara201272

So none of my usb slots are working on my new finished building. Im at a loss of what to do. Ive checked every wire. The pc boots up and the fans work but i cant use my usb to load the windows driver to start bios for windows 10. The keyboard and mouse both work on another computer. These are my specs. Please help! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xYbbb8

Attachments

crjdriver

OK, you say the usb ports do not work. When you pw ON, do you get a display on the monitor ie the motherboard mfg splash screen, instructions on which key to use to access the bios, quick boot menu, etc?

Shara201272

OK, you say the usb ports do not work. When you pw ON, do you get a display on the monitor ie the motherboard mfg splash screen, instructions on which key to use to access the bios, quick boot menu, etc?
No, nothing shows up. All it says when I toggle the screen is check cable connection for hdmi 1 and for the Display port where the cable goes into for the monitor is that it shows ive toggled it to the dp setting. When I power up my computer this is the light that shows ip on the mother board which I have included in a picture. The side usbs slot as well as the top one are not registering.

Attachments

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

1596670104475.pngThis yellow LED being lit indicates that the POST had a problem testing the RAM. Verify that it is on the qualified components list and is properly seated in the correct slots.

crjdriver

Your usb ports most likely work just fine; it is the system that is not completing POST.
There is a guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds. Read the guide and if you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

Common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue in this case]
4 Something is not fully seated ie atx or aux pw connectors, ram, processor, etc

One other thing to consider. Your pw supply. While your choice of pw supply is not causing your no POST condition, it is right at minimum spec with your video card. Going with min spec on the pw supply means that your pw supply is going to work harder than say an 850W seasonic would work under the same conditions. Again this is not causing your current problem however it can shorten the life of your pw supply.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online