Usbscan.sys missing file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

P.Watson

Since reformatting I have been unable to use my scanner. In my device manager thre has been an unknown device which I presume is the scanner.

I have downloaded the correct driver from epson. When I install it everything is fine until I switch on the scanner. Windows builds its database then I get the following Message

New Hardware found -

the file usbscan.sys cannot be found. please insert Win98SE cdrom

I have no CD - this is a dell system. I have been told that all of the files are .cab files and should be on the hard drive already.

Where or how can i find this file????? Do I need to reformat again, that would be a real pain!!

try pointing the installer to c:\windows\options\cabs and see if it finds the file it needs there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online