USD Disk Format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tallent1809

I have a thumb drive with a lot of data on it. I keep putting it in the computer in the USB slot and it keeps saying " F Drive is not formatted". Is there anything I can do to recover my data on the disk. I tried this in several computers and received the same results. Anyone out there have a solution. If there is none just tell me.

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Right click on My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. Find the drive in Disk management and right click on it. Select Format, and use the FAT format if it gives you the option.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Oops, you're right. You might try Smart FLASH Recovery and see if it can access the data. There are also many programs that you pay for, but I can't comment on how well they'll work.

I've used a recovery program with my digicam and i was shocked when it worked i mean i deleted a pic as a test and it showed up on the program.

Good evening tallent, if you have any problems you might have a look at this program it is specially designed for that kind of problem. It is called "recovery manager" it is especially applicable to flash-drives.
Read the destructions.
http://vaiosoft.com/products/recoverymanager.html
Let us know how you manage.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online