1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

use both ATX_12V_2X4 and ATX 2 x 12 for GA-P55-UD3 motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Woffiedog_1, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I am in the process of my first computer build and have a basic questions.

I have both an ATX_12V_2X4 and a ATX 2 x 12 power connector on my power supply (Antec EA-650). My MOBO is a GA-P55-UD3 and has connectors for both.

Should I use both the ATX_12V_2x4 and ATX 2 x 12 power connectors or just one?

Thanks!
    Marc

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I am not sure from your description what the ATX_12V_2X4 and a ATX 2 x 12 connectors are, but you need to plug in the 20 pin connector (plus 4 pins if your motherboard has a 24 pin connector), and you need to plug in the 4 pin ATX12 connector (two yellow and two black) close to the CPU.

3. Woffiedog_1

Thanks Frank!

So it does sound like I need to plug in both. The 1) 20 pin with the 4 additional pins in my case to the ATX connector on the (Main Power Connector) and 2) the ATX_12v (2 x 4 in my case).

Correct?

4. replay

replay

he's prob' talking about the 24 pin power and that board needs a 8 pin power plug next to the cpu

Attached Files:

5. Woffiedog_1

So my power supply has a 1 x 8 Pin EPS 12V according to specs. Is this the same as the 12 V 2 x4 ATX?

Looking at the actual plugs coming out of the power supply, There is a 8 prong plug that looks like it will fit in to the mother board 12V 2 x 4 ATX from what I can tell.

Thanks,
    Marc

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice