Use Linksys WAG54G as DSL modem only, and connect another router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ageew

Hi, I've got a Linksys WAG54G v.2 DSL modem/router. I think the router is defective - I can only get one of the LAN ports to work at a time for some reason. I like the fact that it will log into my DSL service instead of the crappy DSL modem I got from my ISP here in HK. What I want to do is have the WAG54G act as a DSL modem and hook in a WRT54G to act as the network router. Is this possible? Or if I follow the other guides posted here about linking two routers together can I then still use the WAG54G to provide DHCP service to the computers that I plug into the WRT54G (as secondary router)? Many thanks! Bill in HK.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yep, if you've already seen my router connection configuration, that should work. Have you reset the WAG54G to factory defaults and taken another look at the other ports? I think if it's in bridged mode, it might only have one active output port. There might not be anything wrong with the router. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online