1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

use my tv to watch movies from my laptop...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timechange01, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timechange01

timechange01 Thread Starter

I have a laptop with movies that I would like to watch on my television. My TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-46S2000. It has a VGA slot in the back of the TV and the TV's maximum resolution is 1080i.

After I connect the VGA cable from the laptop to the television, what do I do? I dont see anything.

-Thanks in advance
    -Sam

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    on the laptop you need to send the signal to the VGA port
    to do that usually on laptops you need to press the FN key and then F4 {but the F key may be different - look for a figure like a TV}
    each time you press it it will toggle between three setting {not necessarily in this order}
    1) Laptop screen only
    2) laptop and VGA Port
    3) VGA port only

you will also need to link the sound - so a jack plug 2.5mm or 3.5mm depends on what your headphone socket on laptop is - to what ever audio inputs you have TV - probably Phono RCA - coloured red and white for left and right channel

3. timechange01

timechange01 Thread Starter

The TV has the green sound thing that the computer has so sound isnt a problem. What I did is enable the secondary display but how can I make the secondary display the primary?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice