1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Use Notepad as a Diary!

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by DNA_Uncut, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNA_Uncut

DNA_Uncut Thread Starter

Use Notepad as a Diary!

1. Open a blank Notepad file

2. Write .LOG as the first line of the file, followed by a enter. Save
    the file and close it.

3. Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and places the cursor on the line after.

4. Type your notes and then save and close the file.

5. Each time you open the file, Notepad repeats the process, appending the time and date to the end of the file and placing the cursor below it.

2. hewee

hewee

I have been doing this a log time.

But just the other day I started getting a memory error like this image. Also it will open but I can be very limited in how much I can type because it will come up again.
    I had this happen years ago on my 95 PC and that was without the .LOG added.

But I got 98SE now and this started again. the file is not that big either and is only 30.3 KB and it was 29.? KB when it started.

Now if I do away with the .LOG then the error goes away.

I like to keep the .LOG on it because I want to make sure I get the date and time added when I add to the file.

I know there is another file type you can do the .LOG too but forget. I know it does not work with wordpad so maybe it is word it works with.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice