Use of Two UA0053 USB Sound Cards

damker

Danny
Hi there pals!

I was wondering if I could use two LogiLink UA0053 on the same computer, as I need for two people to use the same Facebook, Skype or whatever platform at the same time for the same session.

I use a windows 7 home premium machine.

Anticipated thanks.

D.

Oddba11

Jim
Multiple sound cards is typically not an issue, although I've never tried using multiple USB models.

The bigger question would be whether or not the application will support multiple inputs.

damker

Danny
Hi there Oddba11. Thanks for the response. Well, I tried two LogiLink UA0053, but no. I could not operate them both. Only one. I don't know if there are motherboards which could take two usb soundcards, but mine (as per attachment) could take only one of the two.
Thanks pal.
All the best!
D.

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
What exactly didn't work? You can have a large amount of USB devices connected to a motherboard. As for audio chipsets, you should see them all listed in Device Manager and in the audio properties. I've have multiple internal audio cards (2) installed in addition to the motherboard audio and all were useable.

Again, the only issue that I can see would be the application itself. I've not seen (although I've not looked) for ways to use multiple audio devices within an application like Skype.

damker

Danny
I plugged in two LogiLink UA0053 which harbour a mike and an audio jack. Only one of the two could work. Actually, I wanted to use two so that my wife could listen in and talk while videocalling the kids. I also used a stereo jack splitter (1male > two females just for a the second person to listen only), but the volume was inferior. Not so strong as when using only one output.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Can you use computer speakers and a single mic ?

damker

Danny
Yes, I can. I can use computer speakers (and mike jacks at the back of the tower), also jacks at the front of the tower, as well as the USB LogiLink UA0053 sound card, but only separately, either the jacks or the usb.
Thanks.
D.

Oddba11

Jim
I've not tested USB devices, so this is speculation, but it could be that they are both the same brand/model. The problem doesn't occur with internal hardware in my experience.

But it sounds like a moot point anyway, as you already have onboard audio and USB setup but can't use both at the same time (configuration issues that I hinted at above). Windows is only going to allow a single default input and output device. To override that, the software has to allow you to configure audio input/output. Most do not, they rely on Windows.

What video chatting software are you using to talk with your kids? In our household.....everyone uses the phones to video chat. We're an apple phone household and we use Facetime. But you can download the apps of; Skype and Zoom to do the same thing. Then MS and Google have there versions.....not sure if there are apps to down load for the phone.

On my PC I use Skype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online