Use photo as transfer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chalky

We have a coloured animal photo that we want to use as an image on a t-shirt.
Don't want the exact photo, want to change it to black and white and make it look like a drawing, need to make features stand out so that you can actually see 'the likeness'

Explaining badly here , sorry, i hope there's a few of you who can work out what i'm trying to get at.

What would be the best prog to use to achieve this, efforts so far are not very good, sort of blurry.

I have PSP 8, Irfanview, Imageing, or is there a trial prog i could use for this.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
PSP 8 Should do it, but I can't think of the exact process off hand! :(

bassetman

I tried Colors>Decrease color depth and that seemed to work for me.
I have PSP 7 thought!

PS I used 2 colors!

Attachments

bassetman

Here is the result, but I can't reduce te contrast in PSP after doing this! :(

Attachments

chalky

Thats what i get bassetman, i need to define it more, cats fur on the face makes image very 'unclear' tried to change it to a drawing but still not right :(

chalky

Thanks slipe...links look informative...i'll check them out and see what i can do.

I tried Files/Properties/greyscale then saved as a different name and got this
(from Microsoft Photo Editor-but that property tab is on most (maybe all) photo programs.)

Attachments

Done with xero plug-ins.
They are free too.
http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/

This 1st one with Illustrator that I made B&W before using the Illustrator filter.
I then used the B&W before using image on all the others too. Plus there are many ajustments you can make.
2nd is lineart-drawing
3rd is lineart-Sketch
4th is Lithograph
5th is Pastellise

Attachments

chalky

Hi hewee long time no see :)

I'm having a whale of a time playing about with all these different methods...at least i'm learning something even if my going is slow :( ...i plod along...and am really grateful for eveyones help :)

Hi chalky,

Your welcome. :) There are plug-ins that do the same type of things too.

So where you been hoding at? :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online