1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Use SageMCom router as a wireless bridge

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DieZomieDie, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieZomieDie

DieZomieDie Thread Starter

I have a Sony Blu-Ray player with preinstalled apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, etc. it is not wireless capable and too far from my router to run a wire. After doing some searches I found out that it is a possibility I can turn one of my other routers into a wireless bridge. But so far I have had no success in getting it to work. My router is a Netgear WNDR3400v2 and the router I want use as a bridge is a SageMCom 1704. It's worth noting that the 1704 router was acquired through Windstream and has their logo on the box and the configuration page for the router. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. The 1704 has the option to enable wireless bridge. One option Enable asks for the MAC of the remote router. I put in the MAC of the Netgear and nothing happened. The next option is Enable(scan). This wilkl bring up the SSID of my neighbors routers but not the SSID of the Netgear (broadcast SSID is enabled). There is another option called Quickbridge and it was suggested that that option be enabled and then the 1704 be plugged into the Netgear and still nothing happened. The Netgear didn't even register that the 1704 was connected. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Step by step instructions are preferable to technical details.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe the Netgear is using a wireless mode (e.g., 802.11n) that the 1704 does not support?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice