1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Use usb on Galaxy Tab S6

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by knj, Nov 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. knj

knj Thread Starter

How can I use my new c type usb on my Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet. When I plug it in nothing happens.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Plug it into what? A computer or the wall charger that came with it?
    You also failed to mention if the device is on or off. That can make a difference as to what you see on the screen and perhaps the device it is plugged into.

I own three Samsung devices. My newest an 8" Tab A uses the c type USB connector.

4. knj

knj Thread Starter

Hi SptwareDr.

This does not work as tablet has a camera.

5. knj

knj Thread Starter

Hi plodr
    The new Sandisk usb (c type + normal) is plugged. into Samsung S6 tablet which is open & switched on. The usb does not show up anywhere that I can see.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What sandisk USB? An external hard drive?

The tablet gets plugged into either a computer (desktop or laptop) or the wall wart.

If you want to use some external USB device, you need an otg cable. (On the Go). The otg cable plugs into the micro USB port on your tablet.
    otg.jpg
    I plug a powered USB hub into the USB plug then I can plug in external devices like a mouse, keyboard, external hard drive and USB stick.
    I don't own any peripherals that use a USB type c connector so I have no way to test.
    I have used my otg cable with my Samsung 10.1" Tab A, a powered hub and tried a USB keyboard, mouse, stick and portable hard drive. The tablet saw them all.

That makes no sense. My tablets and android phone ALL have cameras. Having a camera doesn't prevent a device from acting like a tablet.

SpywareDr, your link points to my tablet Tab A not an S6 that the OP owns. Also that Tab A link shows it is running iOS 11.4.1, which also makes no sense because Samsung runs android not Apple software. Strange. Unless it is directions for plugging an android tablet into an Apple computer.

I see you're in Spain. Perhaps you can download a manual from here
    https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-tab-s6-wi-fi
    or change the us to es and perhaps it will lead you to the manual.

I see your tablet attaches to a keyboard with a dock. I'm not sure how you charge your device. I saw no mention of a micro USB port so perhaps the otg cable can't be used.

I'll need to do some more reading of the manual.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. knj

knj Thread Starter

How will OTG cable help? It´s only a cable with ctype connector & normal connector the as the flash drive I am trying to connect.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  9. knj

knj Thread Starter

Thanks ploder, seems to work OK now with cable.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice