Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Use Vodafone network on sky router?

695 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I have just swapped from sky to Vodafone. My activation date was yesterday and when I swapped routers I found the new router broken!! I now have no internet and a new router will take weeks to arrive as of the covid 19 situation.

The guy at Vodafone told me I could use the sky router to run the Vodafone network

I have the username and password that Vodafone gave me but I have no idea how to set it up..

Can anyone help??

#2 ·
Are you using the same modem for the new service? Do you have internet access with a computer connected directly to the modem? What is the brand and model of the modem?

What is the brand and model of the sky router?

#3 ·
The sky router model is: ER115
I also have a Vodafone router: Huawei HHG2500 which is second hand and different to the one I received when I got the new broadband with Vodafone.
I havent checked about laptop yet would I just blug straight in to laptop to check that?

#5 ·
I have my plug in the wall for phone line which has a splitter for the phone and for the internet. There is one small wire from there that goes to a router. I have no other hardware except the power lead for the router.

I have an ethernet cable and laptop to assist me. Is it do-able do you think?

#6 ·
I can give you general instructions, but for specifics you need to consult user documentation for your ER115 modem/router and information from your ISP.

Reset the ER115 to factory defaults (cleans out any old information that may cause trouble).

Connect an ethernet cable between computer and the ER115. Type the ER115 LAN IP into a browser's address bar. Login using the default login and password.

EDIT: connect the ER115 to your phone line (using the "internet" port of a DSL splitter).

After logging in navigate to the WAN or Internet (or similarly worded section) and configure your ADSL connection. You said that Vodafone already gave you the username and password for your account with them. Maybe they told you other configuration information.

With success you'll probably see a "DSL" or "internet" LED light and you should have internet access.

If you have internet access you can continue configuring the router portion of the ER115 (wireless network, your own password, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.