Use wiki for guides section?

thecandyman

I was thinking, why not just use a wiki for the guides section? That way there's no stress on any one person or set of people to create the guides, rather community members can contribute and make corrections as need be. Perhaps a mod could even be written so that Distinguished Members (or established members), could do edits and write articles as they wish since they've been around for a while and are likely trusted by the community and thus trustworthy, while other members who aren't in that rank can do contributions but their contributions are qued for approval by either a Distinguished member, admin, or mod...in addition perhaps a feature that could be useful is one where the thread starter could when marking a thread as solved, chose the post that solved the thread and opt to have the starting post and post that answered the problem (a feature to select assisted replies would also be nice) to the wiki, of course the rank restriction would still apply here too....what do you guys think???

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I think this is a great idea, as long as we can get enough reliable authors to keep it going.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I think that one problem that's going to jump up is when incorrect information gets posted, and you get disagreement on what is right and what is wrong. :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I think you could post both opinions unless a Moderator determines otherwise. If someone doesn't want to abide by Moderator rulings, their privileges to edit those pages could be removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online