1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Used Computer Purchase

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by willderrness, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willderrness

willderrness Thread Starter

Hello...

I bought this hp from a stupid person and it was messed up with garbage - I have cleaned it to an acceptable level but is there info on how far to go? Also, how do I get rid of the previous owner's name (ex) so I don't get reminded all the time?

Thanks in advance...w

2. Old Bob

Old Bob

Would help to know what operating system [WinXP, WinME, Win98SE] you are talking about !!

3. willderrness

willderrness Thread Starter

Sorry - XP Home running on AMD - 2002 model hp ze4400

4. stantley

stantley

You can change the name by going into Control Panel > System Properties > Computer Name and click on change.

If really want to clean it completely you could reformat the harddrive and reinstall windows. If not just make sure you do several virus and spyware scans.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/452587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice