1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

used easycleaner

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Glennac, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Glennac

Glennac Thread Starter

I used easycleaner and did the duplicates clean and ever since that my computer lost so much. eg only have 16 bit and 24 bit on display keep getting all kinds of errors like c:\windows\system3config.nt please help

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Ouch! You may be in for a total reinstall of Windows...

What version of Windows do you use, XP, win2000, etc...and is it Home or Pro?

Did you print a list of the duplicate files by any chance?

The display drivers could be reinstalled, but if many other incorrect System files were removed, you may be hosed. There is a way to scan the system and replace/extract system files, so do not lose hope. There may be a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling regular programs as well> too soon to tell.

3. EasyNow1

EasyNow1

I know that feeling, i used easy cleaner by toni arts and it really screwed me, now i can t use my office 2000, hoping for a fix and not a total re install of w98, what a mistake . . .

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

hi, Just for info: I use Easy Cleaner a lot, on many machines> can't say I have not had anything happen...for instance: With ME or XP, and if you have System Restore enabled, using Easy Cleaner USED TO disable Help and Support...so they patched the newer version, I use 2.0 and it does not do that. There is also a SKIP feature where you can work around a certain part of Windows or a program you do not want detections run on...I like that.
    They warn you not to try the duplicate file feature..but not strongly enough, and I have seen many posts around the Net about it....and truthfully I don't see any need for the "feature" in ordinary usage. The rest of the program is great. I know...why am I defending it? Because, except for that duplicate file bit, it works very well. Well, I shall look around, there may be some help...
    The problem is...what happens with a Restore if you have done a lot of work in the Registry? Probably would not work--- maybe someone can tell you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!